The Local Authority of Lefkada’s Prefecture welcomes all the Greeks of Diaspora to the new official website.
The website provides information regarding the Administrative structure of its services, including the Department for Culture and Greeks Abroad – Bureau for Greeks Abroad, which is composed from the below mentioned responsibilities:
- Strengthen bonds between Local Authority of the Prefecture of Lefkada, secondary and tertiary organizations for Greeks Abroad, which represent Pan Hellenic or internationally all Greeks Abroad born or coming from Lefkada’s Prefecture.
- The cooperation of all above mentioned parties for common organization of cultural events, aiming to the preservation and spread of cultural heritage to the youth, born and raised in foreign lands.
- The conduct, in cooperation with all above mentioned parties, of common developing conferences aiming to initiatives which will contribute to the economic development of the Prefecture.
- Organize and materialize plans for the hosting of Greeks abroad. Also, materialize exchange plans in countries which host agencies of Greeks abroad (coming from Lefkada).
- Utilize, in cooperation with all above mentioned administrations, all specialized Greek scientists living in foreign lands to contribute in commissions or plans which aim to modern technologies and new initiatives for the development of the Prefecture.
- Specific measures, in cooperation with all above mentioned administrations of Greeks Abroad, contributing to the prompt and effective repatriation to Lefkada.
- Continuous and complete information about the prompt and effective repatriation to Lefkada, regarding every issue related to formation of investment initiatives.
- Support repatriates in accession procedures. Cooperate with all corporate parties for cultural events. Upgrade the quality of life.
For further information interested parties may contact:
PREFECTURE OF LEFKADA
DEPARTMENT OF CULTURE AND EMIGRATION
Address: Lt. Athan. Katopodi
311 00 Lefkada
Phone: 26450 21713, 21732
Fax: 26450 21715, 21732
For general information interested parties may contact:
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
SECRETARY GENERAL OF GREEK EXPATRIATES www.mfa.gr