Promotional Plan of Tourism
Objectives of Promotional Plan of Tourism, for the year 2006:
- The promotion of tourist’s services, products and events promote the entire Prefecture of Lefkada, inside of a unified perception of the substantial needs of our place with a concerted way and the participation of every involved public agency and business.
- The preservation of subordinate tourist markets and the pursuit of new.
- The bluntness of seasonal periods and the prolonging of tourist period by creating special forms of alternative tourism.
- The rationalistic management of available budget for tourism promotion.
- The synergies of the public and private sector for the upgrade of tourist’s services and the tourist’s awareness culture.
Analytically, the Plan includes the following actions:
- Participation in tourist exhibitions in Greece (Tourist Panorama, Philoxenia, etc).
- Participation in tourist exhibition abroad, preservation of subordinate markets, expanding in new markets with adaptation ability for the needs of every respective market.
Specifically, we propose our participation to exhibitions where I.I.R (Ionian Islands Region) and N.T.O (Greek National Tourism Organization) participate, organized in: Great Britain, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Czehia, Poland, Hungary, France, Italy, Austria, Slovakia, Sweden, Finland, Russia, China etc.
- Organized, qualitative with ingenuity. A promotional campaign with specific objective and structure.
Give emphasis to magical, clean, blue flagged beaches, local tradition, historic and natural wealth and infrastructure of Lefkada.
On the contrary with all previous years, an important part of funding will be distributed to the media for tourist promotion, next year.
In the past, we were focusing on production, publishing of interesting advertising leaflets, tourist guides, maps, posters, card postal, CD Rom, DVD, construction of a modern website.
The promotional campaign will aim to specialized tourist interventions for targeted tourism.
The promotional trademark will contain modern and methodical details following the structure of equivalent promotional campaigns of the Ministry of Tourism and N.T.O of Greece.
PRINTED AND AUDIOVISUAL MATERIAL
- Production and printing of new advertising and information leaflets, guides (traditional cuisine in 2 languages, guide for pathways in 2 languages, specialized queries in 5 languages, for statistic research and data etc).
- Reproduction of audiovisual promotional material (CD ROM, DVD).
- Reproduction of existing printed promotional and information material.
- Hosting of eminent journalists, specialized in tourist reportage - public relation, and celebrities of media world. Create bonds with the journalists of our island.
- Hosting of tourist agents, celebrities from art, science and sports world.
EXPANSION OF COMMUNICATION
- Creation of tourist agencies for the visitor’s convenience. C.S.C (Citizen Service Centre) of Southeast Lefkada on the town’s sea front.
- Cooperation with international tourist agencies in Greece and abroad - distribution of information material.
- Distribution of information material, in schools, associations, clubs, media, tourist agencies, conferences, emigrants etc.
- Continuous enrichment of the website www..gr and establishment of an official portal for a wider spectrum of information and services concerning our Prefecture.
- Enrichment of the existing information bank (slides, photos, reports etc).
- Organizing forums, conferences and events for tourism and promotion of Lefkada.
- Synergies of public and private sector with the objective of organizing special events (cooperation with clubs abroad and tour operators for the arrival of 70 antique cars in June of 2006).
- Participation in special exhibitions (nautical exhibitions, airports etc).
- Trips or tours presenting and promoting the local tourist product directly to the markets addressed to.
- Tourist awareness culture for professionals, through seminars and special events.
- Awards of business excellence, in cooperation with the Prefecture’s tourist public agencies. This action will contribute to the encouragement of business development and will create an urbane competition between tourist businesses, providing an important assistance to the upgrade of the offering services.
- Organizing tourist exhibitions inside and outside the Prefecture with the participation of all productive systems, disclosing the quality and variety of tourist product like wine festivals, traditional cuisine and local products.
- Offering special souvenirs and traditional products, to journalist, tourist agents, celebrities, exhibition’s visitors etc.